This is an exceptional opportunity to be a key part of a team of eight developers and three sysadmins at PrimarySite, the leading provider of primary school websites.
We’re a 60 person company formed over ten years ago who build great products for primary schools to save them time and money, whilst enabling them to communicate more effectively with parents. Our office is located in the centre of Newark, with easy access to both train stations and the A1.
About the team
You would be joining us as a member of the Product Development team, working on-site with the Product Owner. We use the Kanban methodology, and support several different applications — mostly built as micro-services. Our team’s work is of a high quality — every line of code is peer reviewed. We constantly work to improve our processes and currently score a 10 out of 12 on the Joel Test
We’re looking for a candidate who can work from our offices in Newark. Information about Newark on Trent:
- The guardian says: ‘It’s a lovely, historic town’.
- Get the facts: WikiPedia.
- And check out Visit Newark
- Sane working hours, excellent work life balance, overtime is rare and when it happens well paid.
- The product owner plans and prioritizes tasks.
- Agile (Kanban) Development process.
- Exceptionally diverse/multinational team.
What you’d bring to the team:
- At least 3 years of building web applications with Python.
- Experience in delivering products in an agile environment.
- The ability to write well structured and thoroughly tested code.
- A solid understanding of software design patterns, providing well-architected solutions to complex problems.
We’d welcome further skills in the following areas:
- React or similar front-end framework
- REST APIs
In return we’ll provide:
- A laptop of your choosing
- An adjustable standing desk and Aeron chair
- Flexible working
- Childcare vouchers
- Contribution pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Time for side projects to expand your skill set
- Conference and training opportunities
- Social events
- Up to 34 days annual leave