Senior Full Stack to join the ‘Github for Hardware’
I’m Bram Geenen, co-founder of Wevolver, and if you are skilled, highly motivated, and keen to make a big positive impact, then our team might be a great place for you.
Wevolver is a collaboration platform for hardware development. (Github for Hardware) We build Wevolver to enable anyone, anywhere to develop hardware technology. Our platform is used globally by engineers to collaborate on both open-source and private projects. With a deep commitment to open-source, we share and contribute back to our community. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to make a big positive impact on our world. This is what our ideal candidate looks like:
- You architect and engineer our scalable, API-based platform that supports mobile and web.
- You are hands on and develop new features in a collaborative and test-driven environment.
- You improve performance of the platform.
- You maintain our databases and server setup, and ensure Wevolver is stable and secure.
- You’ll work closely with our founders, designer and community manager on projects which directly impact Wevolver’s growth.
- Your role comes with much freedom to set priorities and make decisions.
- 4+ years of experience of building scalable web-applications.
- Preferably experienced with Postgres, Redis, and AWS.
- Experience with, and committed to agile development practices.
- Excited about shipping your high quality solutions and getting them validated by users asap.
- Curious in, and aware of new technologies.
- Eager to teach and share knowledge inside and outside the team.
- Enjoying a collaborative, creative and flexible work environment.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and a positive can-do attitude. We are currently on Angular 1 and will either upgrade or move to React (a decision which you can influence)
- Lots of responsibility and impact on the product and company.
- A super motivated and ambitious team with a proven track record.
- A great user community who are building amazing projects on Wevolver.
- Be part of a mission-driven, public benefit company with an open culture.
- The possibility to work remotely, as well as from our office.
- Don’t start from scratch – Build upon a professional infrastructure and a growing company.
More about Wevolver
At Wevolver we are passionate about innovative engineering projects. Wevolver provides a repository to share hardware projects and is currently developing innovative version control functionality for hardware projects. We have focused since our start on growing a community developing open source hardware projects such as robotics, clean tech, and IoT. Our active users are growing over 15% each month. Increasingly engineering teams within companies are using Wevolver as well when developing hardware privately. We have recently raised an angel round from great investors in the Bay Area, the United Kingdom and The Netherlands. Together with a number of mentors who have high profile backgrounds in organizations like Mozilla and Tesla, and experience in engineering, strategy and fundraising we have a great support network of people who strongly believe in our mission. On top of that we have a great, 4 person team of highly motivated people. Our co-founders have deep field expertise in 3D printing and engineering, and have previously designed award-winning hardware products.
Wevolver won a number of prizes
• The Nominet Trust Social Tech Prize (for the impact we make by providing public access to great engineering projects). • The Accenture Innovation Award. • SXSW 2016 Innovation Award. • Fast Company listed Wevolver as one of the Top Most Innovative Web-platforms among Slack, Facebook and IBM Watson.
Get in touch
Please reach out if that gets you excited! Tell us about your coding experience, and why you’d like to join Wevolver.
Looking forward to hearing from you! Bram Geenen & Richard Hulskes, co-founders Wevolver