Backend Developer for IoT Startup
We’re currently looking for a Backend Python developer to assist in the design and development of our cloud services. You will implement elegant solutions to complex problems and maintain the modules within the server code base. Code that is written to be shared or interfaced between programmers is expected to be documented. We work in a flat, close-knit team, where all members report daily progress and plan tasks collaboratively. This role interacts directly with front-end developers, UX/UI designers, machine learning specialists and hardware engineers.
You should be a highly motivated and passionate Python developer, eager to learn and explore new ways of doing things. You should be highly focused on quickly delivering efficient code, ideally demonstrated through 3-5 years experience building software. Fresh graduates with real-world programming experienced gained through open-source projects will also be considered. You should be good at working in teams, possessing strong verbal and written communication skills.
If you believe in our vision and want to be part of our team, we want to hear from you. We believe passion and team fit are a key part of our recruiting philosophy – so if your skills aren’t an exact match, feel free to drop us a note anyway!
- Develop backend architecture utilizing micro services for scale
- Write internal tools to ease daily tasks
- Deploy, monitor and troubleshoot production applications
- Prepare, maintain and repair production environments
- Write technical documentation for training and maintenance purposes
- Plan projects following an agile methodology
- Research and test technical feasibility of potential features
- Programming wizard with Python3
- Asynchronous programming (we like Tornado)
- Socket programming (we like ZMQ)
- Comfortable with Git
- Database both relational and non-relational (we like MySQL, Redis, Cassandra)
- Native or near native English
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent
- Expert understanding of OOP and design patterns
- Experience with agile development (scrum, kanban, etc)
- 3-5 years relevant experience
About the Company
Ambi Labs is a growing Hong Kong Internet of Things startup. Our product, Ambi Climate is the smart add-on device for air conditioners that puts your comfort first. Whether it’s turning on your air conditioner before you get home, or setting rules and timers for when you’re out of the house, Ambi Climate smart-enables your AC to give you seamless control. Teach Ambi Climate how warm or cool you feel, and let our AI-driven algorithms adjust your AC for tailored comfort with energy savings. Perfect for the eco-conscious, pet owners and parents alike.