Senior Python Developer
Arctic Shores is global provider of game-based psychometric assessments which enable organisations to differentiate their hiring process and make fair and objective hiring decisions.
We’re located in the heart of Manchester, UK. Our diverse and talented product team includes game developers, server developers, psychologists, data scientists and graphic artists who design and develop game-based assessments which collect and analyse data about the actions and decisions a player makes during gameplay. Our servers manage everything from the streaming of mobile game telemetry to the management and provision of candidates taking our assessments to the analysis and display of psychometric data.
We believe that our software is best-in-breed and we continue to extend and improve our server application with ground-breaking features. We’re looking for an experienced developer to join our team to further that innovation. In addition, we have entered an exciting period of growth for Arctic Shores where we are also solving the challenge of serving a rapidly increasing number of users globally with zero-downtime.
About the role
We’re looking for a Python developer with broad experience to focus on our backend software. You’ll be as comfortable optimising a query on a PostgreSQL database as integrating with 3rd party REST APIs. And you’ll be as comfortable improving a psychometric calculation using scientific libraries as deploying software to our Linux servers.
- You have a history of writing well-tested code and developing through regular code review.
- You care about quality and attention to detail.
- You care about the user experience as much as the functionality.
- You value increasing developer productivity with better tools and practices.
- You have a can-do attitude when armed with online documentation.
- You enjoy bouncing ideas and solutions around your team to chart the best course of action.
- Python backend development.
- Explore and develop innovative new functionality and features on our server platform.
- Provide technical support for our internal and external client base.
- Manage server infrastructure and code deployment as required.
- Experienced Python developer with Django and relational database experience e.g. PostgreSQL.
- History of writing well tested code and participating in code reviews.
- Linux systems and deployment experience.
- Source control with Git.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Comfortable using scientific libraries such as Pandas and Numpy.
- Ansible, Fabric or similar deployment/automation tools.
- Experience with AWS, DigitalOcean, Linode or similar hosting platforms.
- Familiarity with server architectures.
We are a small company building ground-breaking mobile applications and server platforms. This is a key appointment as we look to grow our diverse and talented team.
N.B. We will only consider applications from candidates who are currently eligible to work in the UK.