Web Services Engineer
We are looking for a talented web services engineer who relishes the unique challenges of working in a new business space, to help us provide reliable web services that are part of our mbed connected device platform.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of a web services team developing and delivering cloud-hosted portions of our device platform, including a variety of widely-used developer tools and high availability ‘OS level’ services for smart connected devices.
We work within a DevOps culture, so you will share responsibility for deploying and operating the services you create, and may be required to take part in an on-call rota.
- You’re an engineer who instinctively designs solutions which are as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- You take nothing for granted, and nothing is someone else’s problem.
- You are flexible and happy to switch from for example designing a user. experience to investigating a database issue.
- You have an interest in the Internet of Things.
- You are an accomplished developer in Python or similar.
- In depth knowledge of Linux and general Internet systems.
- You have mastered at least one web application framework such as Django, Rails, node.js.
- You use monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Munin, Logstash, Graylog or Graphite.
- Experience with configuration and deployment tools such as Puppet, Chef, Docker, Vagrant, Ansible.
- Experience with technologies such as databases, queues, clusters, key/value stores and service oriented infrastructures.
- You have used cloud hosting platforms or virtualisation as part of a production environment.
- You have experience with continuous integration workflows, version control, and both functional and unit testing.
Many more roles are also available here: https://www.mbed.com/en/about-mbed/jobs/