We are looking for an experienced developer to join an existing team within Middle Office Technology, a team based in our central London office. This team is primarily concerned with building tools which helps the bank meet our global regulatory reporting obligations.
This team’s work is mostly based on Quartz - a Python based risk management platform, however an ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the mix of technologies that are used within the department and organization, e.g. Angular, Oracle, .Net and Scala.
We can offer flexible conditions and a stimulating, creative atmosphere.
- Fluency in at least one major programming-language (not necessarily Python).
- An understanding of algorithmic complexity and related topics in computer science.
- Experience in test-driven development, developing and implementing test-strategies for large applications.
- The ability to deliver technical change, preferably in the context of a previous software development team.
- An appreciation of technical risk (operational, compliance, business and reputation)
- Provide technical leadership and inspiration for the whole development team.
- Limited telecommuting. We do have facilities for remote working, however this is primarily an office-based team.
- No agencies please.
How to apply
Please just email a CV to email@example.com. We do not require a covering letter but we do love to see your GitHub (or any other interesting programming work). We consider developers from all backgrounds. Previous financial experience might be beneficial but is not a requirement for this role.
Our assessment process may include the following: A web-based programming challenge to be completed in your own time A technical office-based interview, which will include a pair-programming exercise * A discussion of your CV and previous work history
If you have any questions about the assessment process please ask.
About the Company
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a multinational banking and financial services corporation. We are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.