Senior Python Developer
As a senior developer, you’ll be helping us grow our platform to support our fast growth as one of the UK’s leading online events companies.
You’ll enjoy working in a small co-operative team and your primary task will be to contribute high-quality code, tests and documentation to our platform. You will be building new features, upgrades and performance enhancements. You will have a love of problem-solving and the ability to be responsive to fast-changing requirements.
Experience using Django will help you get settled in faster, but is not essential.
Skills & Requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English and can communicate your ideas thoughtfully.
- Curious and imaginative with a forward-thinking mindset.
- Experienced in building resilient software.
You should have
- Broad web development knowledge.
- Intermediate HTML and CSS skills.
- Basic Linux sysadmin, Git and ideally some experience with automated deployment tools.
- Experience with AWS/Azure, Ansible, Postgres, Redis and Celery helps.
- Polyglot programmers are welcome, but we would like to see 2+ years of commercial Python experience.
What’s most important however, is that you are a friendly person who loves computing, programming, problem solving and generally getting hands-on.
Please note that we are not able to offer visa sponsorships for this role.
Bookitbee is a fast growing online ticketing service allowing anyone to sell tickets to their event: it provides a simple online event booking and ticketing service, allowing people to set-up, promote and manage their events – all from one easy to use dashboard.
We do work hard in our team, but only when it makes sense to do so. If you want to work flexible hours, that’s fine. Or if you want to work from home, that’s fine too. Having said that, most people are in the office at least 3 days a week.
When we are all together, it’s in a lovely space close to the centre of Edinburgh. It may not have the usual start-up standards of a table tennis table or bean bags, but it is an environment where everyone is encouraged to share their views and suggestions, diversity is valued, people are given the autonomy to handle their own work schedule and where everyone gets given the support to succeed. In return for your commitment and expertise, we offer a great salary, share options (coming soon), 25 days annual leave and the opportunity to be part of something special.