About Growth Intelligence (Gi)
Gi is a fast-growing tech startup based in East London and is a pioneer of Predictive Lead Generation. Our clients include Google, American Express and Vodafone.
As an engineer at Growth Intel you’ll help us build, process and scale up our platform. We’re ambitious and we need you to help us take the messy data we have on millions of companies and push it through a data pipeline into a web based search and recommendation engine.
You’ll join a growing team of bright developers and data scientists experienced in Machine Learning, Data analysis, Engineering and DevOps and work in a collaborative agile environment, influencing the direction of our product and technology strategy.
This is a full time position based in London.
What you’ll do:
- Process structured / unstructured data from a variety of sources (public and private)
- Feature engineering of datasets – creative thought in generating new predictive signals for the system
- Build classifiers and predictive models using the signals we collect (supervised approaches)
- Evaluate the performance of models and debug these systems
- Build recommendation systems
- Help to build data pipelines, clean-up data, create rules for data quality
- Drive quality into feature and datasets
We’re looking for:
- Excellent communication and team working skills, relishing the prospect of working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment - you should a self-starter with a demonstrable passion for technology.
- Practical, commercial experience of Python and Linux (two years at least)
- Practical experience of Machine Learning or NLP
- Experience working with large datasets (preferably web datasets / unstructured data)
- Python, scikit-learn, pandas and IPython notebooks (the data science toolkit)
- Distributed processing systems e.g. Apache Spark
- NoSQL databases
It’d be great if you had:
- Web-based data scraping / crawling techniques and experience of cloud platforms
- Working in a motivated, fast moving team: we have plenty of interesting challenges and you’ll learn a lot.
- Regular salary reviews
- Opportunity to participate at relevant conferences/events (e.g. PyData)
- Team dinners and activities, frequent team events/beer and birthday cakes!