Junior Backend Developer
Junior Backend Developer
Our vision is a world powered by renewable energy. We build digital services to support our transition to a democratised energy future. We’re looking for new team member who can support us with their back end development skills.
In 2015 we built the UK’s first peer-to-peer energy marketplace called Piclo and ran a successful commercial trial with Good Energy, our first Licence Supplier partner. In the spirit of openness in an industry that is traditionally very closed, we publically published the results of our trial, and this report has gathered interest from industry leaders and experts from all over the world.
We have a lot of exciting projects on the go and we also have maintenance to do on the current product (Piclo). We need someone to support the development team with back end tasks. We’re looking for someone who’s either very early in their career (will consider fresh graduates) or looking to move into backend dev from another discipline.
The core of the work required will be in building out the django backend and APIs ready for further frontend features. There will be a lot of work with large data sets (energy meter data and customer data) and we expect all work to be considered for scalability not just single implementations. As we try to work collaboratively in every aspect of the company, you’d be invited to contribute to other business areas if that’s something you’d like to do.
- Work together with production team to design and implement functionality required to meet project requirements;
- Working closely with the CTO (Andy) to learn more about how our systems work and support the continuous improvement of them;
- Collaborate with the design team to make sure that UX and Development go hand in hand;
- Undertake some basic sys ops tasks which are shared amongst the team;
- Take part in production team meetings and workshops to help design the product.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Must be a fast learner and eager to gain experience in new software skills
Job details & Application Process
- Role offered on a fixed term for 6 months.
- Role considered for extending if candidate is right of the company and budget can be found.
- Salary is £15K for the fixed term.
- Contract or PAYE considered.
- Job starts ASAP
- Send us an email (email@example.com) explaining your suitability and interest in the role, a CV (Linkedin or online profile is prefered), and your Github (or equivalent) account.
- No recruiters please, recruiter emails will be ignored.