Sr. Backend Engineer - Data Platform & Analytics
Senior Backend Engineer — Data Platform
Percolate is The System of Record for Marketing. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and GGV, Percolate is one of the fastest growing companies in enterprise software. Percolate’s all-in-one software platform helps marketers plan, create, execute, and analyze their marketing efforts. Over 800 brands including GE, Unilever, MasterCard, and IBM use Percolate to manage their global marketing supply chains. Percolate is doing for marketing what Salesforce did for CRM and SAP did for ERP.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our new Data Platform team in San Francisco. This team is focused on building the new analytics and search experience for Percolate, as we establish the System of Record for Marketing. This is a unique opportunity to join as an early engineer in our new SF office, influence technical direction, and set the tone for the engineering culture and product on the West Coast.
You will be focused on building and designing systems that reliably ingest diverse data sets, ensuring our data pipeline is reliable, performant, and that the data is stored correctly. You will also be involved with key technical decisions such as data modeling and datastore choice. Percolate is one of the world’s leading Marketing SaaS Platforms so designing for scale, reliability and the technical operations is key.
An exciting opportunity awaits to build a SaaS-based analytics system that will become a key part of the marketing intelligence powered by Percolate.
- Significant development experience with Python and a believer in test-driven development.
- Experience at a senior level, with the ability to translate high-level requirements to a working system.
- Experience setting technical direction and mentoring less experienced members of the team.
- Building SaaS-based systems, and service-oriented architectures, is particularly relevant.
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- Experience with traditional relational database techniques, especially modeling data sets for analytics.
- A keen desire to build modern analytics and search systems.
- Experience building enterprise software.
- Knowledge and experience working with varied JVM-based technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with languages such as Java, Scala, and Go.
- Experience with database technology such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Hadoop, Druid, InfluxDB, MySQL, and Postgres.
- Experience working with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with search technology such as Elasticsearch (Solr and other Lucene-based search systems also helpful).
- Familiar with AWS services (EC2, DynamoDB, S3, etc) or similar cloud environments such as Google Cloud.
If you’re interested, follow the link: https://percolate.com/careers/70484/sr-backend-engineer-sf—data-platform-and-analytics Or, email me: email@example.com