Python web developer
Help us build the world’s leading campsite booking website
We’re looking for an ambitious and talented Python expert to join our small team of developers. Salary: £35,000 - £65,000 dependent on experience.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (ideally Django)
- Good PostgreSQL experience
- Familiarity with Linux server environments
- Willingness to undertake sysadmin work
- Some remote working is possible, and some on-call evenings and weekends will be required
- Ansible skill are also desired
About the company
We’re a multi award-winning team bringing online booking to campsites, a sector accounting for 25% more holiday bednights than hotels in Britain but where only 30% are bookable online.
Pitchup.com is the leading site for booking campsites and caravan parks, with 1,000 available to book throughout Europe. The business is profitable and was founded in 2009 by lastminute.com staff with a background in the camping sector.
A Red Bull ‘Future 50’ company, we’re highly rated by our customers, featured regularly in the national press and rapidly expanding into new markets. The site received up to 1,000 bookings and 70,000 visits per day in summer 2014.
We’re based in the Barley Mow Centre in Chiswick (nearest tubes: Turnham Green and Gunnersbury), and a lively, friendly team with bags of experience. We want someone similar to join us ? is that you?
Backend stack: Python / Django / PostgreSQL / celery / nginx / redis