Skilljar - Software Development Engineer
Skilljar is seeking a versatile Software Development Engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will be responsible for the technical design, development, and deployment of amazing products that delight our customers.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record building software products in an agile development environment. In addition, you will be joining a small and rapidly growing team, where you will have direct input into the product.
You must be very comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment, managing complex customer requirements, and working closely with sales and marketing teams to close major accounts. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, strategic, and high-judgment software engineer to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly accelerating startup that has already delighted dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients.
Questions? Contact us: careers at skilljar dot com
- 3+ years building web applications at scale using Django, Rails, or some equivalent framework.
- Laser focused on delivering high quality features, with excellent judgment on balancing time-to-market and scalability.
- Highly confident throughout the stack, whether that’s building responsive front-end interfaces or building service-oriented backends& APIs.
- Knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing requirements and designs.
- A collaborative team player with excellent communication skills.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
We’re disrupting the $130 billion corporate training market with our modern, easy-to-use, enterprise training platform. Our inbound customer demand has been phenomenal and we are ready to scale up for growth. We are a professional and experienced team with roots at Amazon.com, and we enjoy team lunches and a fun work environment in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup!