Skimlinks is an award-winning, mature tech startup headquartered in London and an office in San Francisco. We are known for having disrupted the online content monetization space and have become leaders in the industry. We deliver tools, technology and services that allow online publishers (blogs/ websites/ forums) to earn some serious cash from their content. We work with thousands of publishers globally and make their lives easier by automating their affiliate marketing activities.
About the Role
Skimlinks is growing fast and we are looking for an experienced QA Engineer / Web Test Engineer to join our team in London. You will be responsible for end-to-end testing and quality assurance for every product and interface across the Skimlinks platform. This testing will be predominantly manual initially but will move to automation in the short-term.
Some of the key responsibilities will be:
- Testing all aspects of a web service, from back-end databases, scripts and code modules, to front-end design, usability, and interaction design.
- Testing functionality and usability of all front-end systems including user reporting and admin interfaces and any other user-facing systems we develop.
- Identify, create and execute functional tests and test scenarios for validating performance against requirements.
- Develop test data, execute test scripts and analyse results on testing of all aspects of our web application and APIs.
- Develop, execute and maintain SQL queries to validate completeness, integrity and accuracy of data on the backend.
- Design and develop automated solutions to increase the efficiency of testing processes.
- Track, plan and coordinate the resolution of bugs, issues and improvements to ensure defect assignments are resolved within a timely manner.
- Provide and manage Sprint QA task estimations within a scrum/agile team.
- Document and communicate project status and complex issues effectively to team members and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a virtualized QA environment to ensure the Skimlinks platform continues to operate with all combinations of browsers, operating systems, plug-ins, ISPs, and anti-virus / phishing solutions.
- Review product specifications to provide feedback based on usability, feasibility, and complexity.
- Help define and establish new methodologies, processes, and best practices.
Here at Skimlinks we value dedication, enthusiasm, and a love of innovation. We are disrupting the online monetization industry, and welcome candidates who want to be a part of this ambitious journey. But its not just hard work, we definitely appreciate a bit of quirkiness and fun along the way.
- You will have a technical degree, such as Computer Science, IT or similar.
- You show strong attention to detail and are able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- You are happy to perform manual testing for the next 6 months but have a passion for pushing us into automation after that.
- You have experience in web testing, API testing and ensuring the quality of customer-facing web application front-ends.
- You will find it important to share knowledge across the team while also learning from others.
- You have excellent problem solving abilities and analytical skills.
- You are passionate about working with a team to find the best way to test new technologies.
- You are passionate about web applications and have an eye for design and usability.
- You have a sense of humour, are ambitious, and you love the thrill and madness of working in a start-up environment.
Why work for Skimlinks?
We have a brilliantly talented and fun team! http://skimlinks.com/company/team
Described by Techcrunch as one of London’s leading startups, and voted in the top 10 of the Guardian Tech Media Invest.
Brand new offices in the heart of Tech City. Openplan heaven!
Our annual festive season get-away/ mystery tour (recent trips include Rotterdam and Ljubljana). Our summer party. Our monthly birthday extravaganzas… Any excuse for a party really!
Skimbledon, our annual ping-pong tournament (we have a sound-proofed table tennis room in the office to minimize the disruption!). There are also weekly poker showdowns, regular local football league games, pub quiz teams… We are a pretty competitive crew!
There are daily battles amongst team members to wrestle control of the music selection on Spotify. The office piano is also available if you are musically inclined.
Monthly free massages and a regular nail service in-office (Manlycures for the guys are on offer!)
We host meet-ups, brown bag lunches, product demos and have dedicated training time set aside for each and every team member (Skimovation time).
There is also the office beer fridge, catered lunches and regular office trips to the local pubs to wind down after a busy week.