We’re building a reliable, low-latency, highly concurrent system capable of scaling to thousands of executions per second with sub-millisecond latency. Whether you want to work on the exchange platform, the front-end or trading mechanisms, you’ll be solving real and challenging problems - from pushing Python performance to new heights to handling real-time design constraints.
The Smarkets platform is written predominantly in Python and Erlang, and relies heavily on asynchronous programming techniques. We use REST where we can, and deploy to production several times a day.
Our software stack is built around Linux, Vagrant, Flask, Postgres, RabbitMQ, Git and Ansible.
- Define your own role within the context of self-management (we’ll help you get settled)
- Contribute to the organization by advancing culture, challenging colleagues and perpetuating a knowledge-driven environment
- Good coding ability (in any language)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Comfortable in a Linux environment
- The ability to learn with enthusiasm
- Functional programming knowledge
- Experience with web technologies and methodologies like web servers, REST, and protocol buffers
- We chip into your pension
- Feed you three fantastic, freshly prepared meals every day
- Room for you to do things your way
- Uncapped holiday - you take a break when you need it, as long as you don’t leave your team in the lurch!
- A lovely, tranquil office to work in - right in the heart of Saint Katharine Docks
- Stereotypically, we also have the industry standard perks such as a foosball table and massive screens for gaming with your colleagues, team activities and monthly get-togethers - known as “the Expiration party”
Our strength is technology and trading with a passion to push the known boundaries of real-time financial technology. With our self-management structure, flexible work environment and uncapped holiday allowance, Smarkets offers a unique opportunity to be part of a great work culture. Our office in St Katharine’s Docks (Tower Hill) comes complete with a fantastic roof terrace and a team of in-house chefs cooking breakfast and lunch every day. Food is big at Smarkets, and lunch al’desko is officially banned!
Please send a CV to the address above.