Lead Python / Django Developer
Tictrac is a leading Digital Health Platform that focuses on centralizing healthcare around the consumer. Tictrac is disrupting a highly fragmented healthcare market by focusing on consumer engagement as the key to better health outcomes. The platform applies consumer web best practice including rich design, behavioural economics and sophisticated data science to engage users in their health. Tictrac’s proprietary platform is already licenced by leading healthcare companies in the United States and the UK to engage their audiences across major healthcare pain-points: (i) Lifestyle and Prevention and (ii) Health Delivery (Chronic Condition Management & Medication Adherence).
We believe that there is a better way to live, and we’re changing the way that people take care of themselves. We build digital products to show our users their next personalised steps towards a healthier life.
The Tictrac office is a fun and motivating place to work, filled with diverse and talented people. In just a short time, Tictrac has grown to a team of 35 people with core values to build beautiful things, to never settle, and to be excellent to each others. We’ve been featured extensively in the press including: Wired, CNN, CNBC, Mashable, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, The Telegraph, Technology Review, and more.
Our platform takes the best of the consumer web including data driven, responsive design, and accessibility to engage users in their health. We learn from user testing and analytics and use it to drive iterative feature development.
Tictrac is already licensed by leading healthcare companies in the US and the UK to engage their audience across lifestyle, fitness and wellbeing, as well as chronic condition management and prevention. A Tictrac’er is passionate about what they are creating and support their peers. Each of us is an owner of Tictrac and is helping to build their ideal company. We’re looking for dreamers and romantic overachievers.
You get excited about building a market-leading product. You’re a developer that’s passionate about extending yourself and building beautiful software, from design to code. You have experience working with and leading a team of developers building back end systems and APIs.
You’ll be working within a company of highly skilled designers, developers, data scientists and testers that love to build amazing systems. You take ownership in all aspects of development, from architecture and design through to implementation, unit testing and deployment. You understand Python on a deep level and know how to apply the right tools and technology with the ability to tell the difference between cool and useful and how to pass that knowledge to your peers.
You are fluent in creating JSON based web services, comfortable with integrating and connecting with external API’s. You produce excellent results both as part of a team as well as an individual. You care about your team-mates, your users and you don’t settle until you’ve achieved your best.
- Leading a team of 4 to 6 python developers.
- Performing a key role in an agile development process, including sprint planning, code reviews and retrospectives.
- Collaborating with different teams to support their work in AngularJS web, iOS, Android applications and data science.
- Writing high quality, efficient, testable and maintainable python code.
- Designing solutions to problems ranging from data analysis to supporting the latest product features.
- Teaching and learning from your team.
- Participating in product design discussions and giving feedback on existing and planned features.
- Leadership and management of a software team.
- Advanced Python development skills.
- Excellent understanding of Django.
- Excellent understanding of relational and non-relational databases with or without using an ORM.
- Good understanding of Linux and cloud based platforms.
- Comfortable working with rapidly iterating requirements and daily deployments.
- Good understanding and proponent of unit testing and continuous integration.
- Version control (Git preferred).
- Experience with data science tools such as Pandas, Numpy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SES, Route53).
- Message / task queue systems (Celery preferred).
- Interest in Quantified Self and Wearable Technologies is a plus.