Student Affairs Information Technology is seeking a Software Developer. This is an opportunity to build new software business products for UConn staff and students. You will work with a small, dedicated team of software developers to deliver quality code early and often. Agile methodologies are at the heart of what we do. Key skills you need: write code and automated tests in Python, CSS/HTML as front end, SQL as backend, working in a Linux environment. If you’re passionate about writing quality code, we want to talk to you!
The University of Connecticut is the state’s flagship institution of higher learning. Founded in 1881, the University spans 4,108 acres at its main campus and five regional campuses, and an additional 205 acres at the UConn Health Center in Farmington. The main campus, located in Storrs, Connecticut, enrolls over 17,000 undergraduate and approximately 6,000 graduate students. The University of Connecticut is a school of choice for academically talented students. UConn is ranked in the top 25 of the nation’s best public universities by U.S. News & World Report.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field and two to three years of programming experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Evidence of ability to independently analyze and translate assigned programs into operating programs and prepare detailed program documentation.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Thorough knowledge of Python or other programming language/software package.
- Proficiency in the use of job control language.
- Basic knowledge of desktop applications, such as word processing and spreadsheets as well as web pages, Internet navigation, and HTML.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Job history indicating growth and development in the field.
- Graduate study in the computer field.
- Foundation in object-oriented design, model-view-controller framework, and template-based layouts.
- Experience with the design and implementation of automated tests for software.
- Knowledge of database design and SQL.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- A competitive salary which is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Work/Life Balance: http://worklife.uconn.edu/
- A comprehensive benefits package: http://hr.uconn.edu/benefits/
- Dependent child tuition waivers; employee tuition waivers/reimbursements: http://hr.uconn.edu/dependent-child-tuition-waivers/
Please submit a cover letter, resume, as well as the names and contact information of three references in Word or PDF format by November 29, 2015. The anticipated start date is January 2016. An official transcript will be required if an invitation for an on-campus interview is extended. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2016210)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 29, 2015.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.