Senior Python Full-Stack Software Engineer
We are looking for:
- A highly talented full stack engineer.
- Who is looking to build a new multi-faceted greenfield platform.
- Who relishes the unique challenges of working in a new business.
- Who is a leader with the humility and self-awareness to work with other leaders.
- And is passionate about solving the problems that arise through continually building new greenfield products on a global scale.
We’re a leading UK start-up based in London and Cambridge:
- With a unique market position between the retail, fintech and ecommerce spaces.
- Backed by high profile Angels, funds and a global corporate.
- Our clients include New Look, L.K.Bennett and Tradedoubler.
- We’re profitable, well-funded and growing fast.
We’re transforming a $300 billion global gifted card economy from a fragmented and analogue industry to one that is connected, engaging and data rich.
We provide retailers and corporates with various new sales channel through ecommerce solutions and APIs. The result is that gift cards become a true alternative currency. Since they are sold by retailers at significant discounts, we are able to turn gift cards into the alternative pay-out method of choice for businesses remitting value to consumers.
Our objective is affect a global change, which is – unsurprisingly – challenging. So we’re a close knit, no-nonsense, smart group that is committed to helping each other reach our potential while – and most importantly - enjoying the journey together.
- You’re a full stack software engineer passionate about finding and solving problems.
- You have worked in a team building highly successful and scalable technologies.
- You have a demonstrable track record of having a high impact and innovative approach to the projects you have worked on.
- You have developed and nurtured talent in your team.
- You are self-aware and know when to ask for a second opinion.
- You’re pro-active and care about both your product and your customers.
- You design simple and elegant solutions to problems.
- You don’t over-optimise products, although you make sure they are extensible.
- You’re equally comfortable both aggressively collaborating or taking on a challenge alone.
- You’re interested in finding the right answer, not being right.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You’ll be working with the lead developer developing greenfield products on a young platform.
- Challenges will range from building 3rd party integrations, to accounting and reconciliation processes, to locking and concurrency issues on the back end.
- You’ll continually be working on new products including supporting ecommerce user journeys, database architecture, and where needed, the front end as well.
- You will be supported by both mid-level and junior developers whom you will have the opportunity to nurture and develop.
- You are an accomplished Python developer.
- Strong experience of creating and using Web APIs.
- Comfortable using Linux and general Internet systems.
- Outstanding programming skills.
- Familiar and comfortable with object oriented programming techniques.
- You have mastered at least one web application framework such as Flask, Django or another mainstream framework.
- Experience of working with a relational database and preferably knowledge of SqlAlchemy.
- Experience with technologies such as: – Relational databases – Asynchronous task processing – Restful web services – Cross process synchronisation and locking
- Nice to haves: – Celery – Jinja2 templating – jQuery – Postgresql (database) – Git (version control) – Bash scripting (Linux)
- You have experience with version control, and both functional and unit testing.
- Working in an Agile environment.
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Flask is strongly desired but not a requirement.
- Experience coding in a second language.
- Payment or financial service experience.
- Retail Ecommerce experience.
What You’ll Get in Return
We’re really focussed, and are committed to executing on our mission. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer… although we do currently have a ping-pong table and buy each other beers! So we are in this together and since our success is aligned, we will always goes above and beyond in order to succeed together.
If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Highly competitive salary.
- Participation in the employee equity scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Top of the range equipment necessary to make sure you can do your role effectively.
- Optional gym membership.
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation.
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of.
- Build something today that you’ll see being used by people everywhere.
- Great location at Central Working in Cambridge and an awesome team.