Senior DevOps Engineer
Launched in 2014 at Imperial College London, Yoyo Wallet has become the UK’s fastest growing mobile wallet by expanding across hundreds of University and Corporate locations. In the process Yoyo has developed a unique platform that opens up a global opportunity to power seamless payment and loyalty experiences for retailers, developers and financial institutions across the world. Founded by Alain Falys and Michael Rolph, Yoyo has raised significant funding ($15m as of September 2015) and built a team of energetic entrepreneurs who know how to get things done. With so much potential ahead, Yoyo is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, keep reading. We were recently chosen by KPMG as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally. Now in our 4th year, we are in over 40 UK universities, over 100 corporate locations and have a global presence with business in the US, Spain, Ireland and Singapore.
We are a very enthusiastic team with a can-do attitude (and we expect the same from you!). We are using the best tools available on the market (DataDog, Sentry, Docker, AWS ECS, Slack, ChatOps). We have created Yobot, our ChatOps bot so we don’t have to be bothered by our developers. You will be working on challenging problems to scale our platform globally and deal with millions of transactions per day.
- Help building 21st-century infrastructure on AWS.
- Work on the fastest deployments that mankind has seen.
- Teach our servers to perform better. Make them sweat so our finance team is happy.
- Scale everything up and down, either by a time or a load (maybe even both?).
- Predict the future - build the best monitoring so it will spot problems before they will appear.
- Be part of DevOps community by writing articles and giving talks.
- Last but not least - keep it running and design for failure - we don’t want to be wake up at 2 AM, do we?
- Enthusiasm and can-do attitude.
- Experience in building scalable and secure infrastructure.
- Experience in at least one language other than BASH (Python or Go preferred).
- Experience working with Docker and ECS/Kubernetes.
- Experience in configuring and optimising PostgreSQL.
- At least 3 years of experience working on AWS.
- Knowledge of one of Configuration Management tools (bonus points for Ansible or Puppet).
- Bonus points for RabbitMQ, Celery, CircleCI, Fabric.
What you get in return
Working as part of an early stages company is challenging. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer…..well sometimes it is! What you are willing to put into growing the company will determine not only our success but yours. If you are ready for this challenge then we promise:
- Competitive Salary with health insurance and pension scheme
- All the Apple equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role effectively
- £100 monthly credit to your Yoyo Wallet account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you can take ownership of
- Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!