Investments Analyst and Developer
The incumbent is responsible for spearheading a variety of divisional initiatives that support our key elements of the department vision of delivering superior, sustainable, risk-adjusted results to meet the needs of each of the Lines of Business.
For each project the incumbent must provide all initial research and procedural methodology; support a timely and efficient implementation, while continually evaluating current conditions and procedures for future improvement.
This role is essential when aligning Corporate goals and resources of the Investment Division’s needs and provide support to Financial reporting, Taxation and Actuarial. The incumbent is a key employee who significantly contributes to the cost-effectiveness and efficiency of the Investment division and Equitable Life.
Responsible for analysis, process design, program coding, testing, implementing of scripts and processes within Investments. Makes recommendations toward the design and development of new code while optimizing process efficiency, maintainability, and scalability of processes. Also responsible for managing third party applications (hosted internally or externally), providing internal support, coordination with vendor resources, and maintaining complex production applications.
- Programming languages: Python, SQL (Postgresql), VBA, HTML
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Excellent communication
- Strong Knowledge of Database concepts and practices
- Extensive experience with scripting languages required, with Python preferred
- Experience with automation of processes an asset
- Experience utilizing open source modules an asset
- Knowledge of web servers (IIS), Postgresql and Windows Server an asset
- Knowledge of mutual fund processes an asset
- Knowledge of insurance industry an asset
- Knowledge of different investments including: equities, fixed income, preferred shares, derivatives, mortgages, private placements, segregated funds
- 2+ years’ experience building and supporting databases and/or dealing with an asset portfolio management system (relevant cooperative work term experience will be considered)
- Post-secondary education in technology or investment related field