Python/Django Developer - Power the world with renewables (Full-time)
Thanks for your interest in our Python/Django Developer role here at Open Utility. We’re a London based startup shaking up the energy industry. We build well designed digital services to support the transition to a decentralised energy future.
Off the back of our successful trial of Piclo® (our Peer-to-Peer matching service) we launched a commercial SaaS solution with Good Energy here in the UK. This initial service gives business energy consumers complete transparency and choice in where their energy is produced. We are receiving interest across Europe and further afield with other energy retailers who want to offer this service to their customers, so we’re looking to scale up the development team to support growth and further innovation in 2017.
We need an experienced backend developer to join our production team. The role will be to work closely with Andy our CTO as well as the rest of the team to maintain and build up our backend systems. We receive a growing amount of energy consumption and production data which we process through our matching algorithm to provide our end users with transparency of where their energy came from / went to. This role would cover everything from updating how we match and process data to building out APIs to facilitate scaling of our service to more users in new markets. New features will need to fit alongside ongoing maintenance to continue providing the high customer satisfaction we pride ourselves on. You’ll need to be familiar with large data sets, data structures as well as working collaboratively with a mixed discipline production team. Communication is key to our working processes and we’d expect candidates to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 4 years relevant experience in backend dev roles.
- Advanced knowledge of Python, Django, and SQL
- Best practices, TDD, git
- AWS, EC2, S3, ECS
- Blockchain, DLT
Job details and application process:
- Role offered on an initial 6 months contract (ongoing position dependant on company fundraising).
- Full time position in our London (Shoreditch) office.
- Candidates must already have permission to work in the UK (EU resident or working visa).
- No relocation support available.
- Salary up to £45K (pro rata) depending on experience.
- Contract or PAYE considered.
- Job starts ASAP.
- To apply, please send us an email that details; why you want to work for us, how your experience has prepared you for this role, a link to your online CV or LinkedIn and your GitHub or similar.
- A development task and a 15 min Skype call will take place before second interviews at our London office with the CTO.
- No recruiters or agencies please.