Software Engineer (Data Operations)
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer or SRE to join the Data Platforms team at Autumn Compass. The team is in charge of our distributed cloud compute infrastructure, data processing pipelines and rapid prototyping efforts. We believe operational excellence is the foundation to quick experimentation and we’re looking for engineers who can help us achieve this goal.
Autumn Compass is a proprietary trading company that builds on our expertise in software engineering and machine learning in order to develop intelligent algorithms and strategies for trading. With no external clients, a flat management structure and an SRE culture in the team, engineers have the freedom to innovate and impact all parts of the business.
Remote applications are welcome, please keep in mind that the work hours need to line up with Sydney time.
Salary: $110k - $170k AUD package
To apply please visit our careers page.
What you will do:
- Increase reliability in our systems by identifying complexity and promoting simplicity where possible.
- Identify and implement SLIs and SLOs to improve visibility and transparency.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality and to share knowledge.
- Build consensus and effect changes that improve reliability and velocity.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/SRE with experience in operations.
- Development experience in Python (or a similar language) and a willingness to work with Python infrastructure.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Intellectual curiosity, openness and the ability to bring new ideas and knowledge to the team.
- AWS experience is desired, but not required.
- High error budget and non-critical infrastructure, so no on call required
- Flexible working hours
- Flat management structure, report to the CTO