Senior Backend Developer (Python/Django)
At Bambus, we are redefining what property ownership means. We make real estate ownership more flexible, productive and transparent. Our growing team is based in the centre of Vienna. We are looking for a full-time Senior Backend Engineer in Vienna, Austria to actively contribute to all aspects of our development efforts. You will be reporting directly to the founders.
In this job, you’ll be improving the structure and robustness of our customer-facing web application as well as adding a host of new features, ranging from API integrations to security features. You will be managing development cycles, maintaining our products, and keeping customer data secure. The core technologies for this role include Python/Django and PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in Python and experience with the Django framework
- Hands-on attitude and personal initiative
- At least 5 years of agile development experience
- Previous project management responsibilities
- Desire to grow and learn
- Self-starter and able to operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Creative mindset and ready to try and learn new methods
- Fluent in German AND/OR English
Not required (but a plus)
- Particular interest in security and working with financial data
- Experience with test automation: unit/integration/functional testing
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Familiarity with or interest in DevOps (Terraform)
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary platform
- A dynamic multinational team without hierarchies
- The opportunity for you to grow with Bambus
- A sunny and modern office
- Start: Immediately
- Location: Vienna (we’re not recruiting remotely for this position, but we’re open to cover relocation costs)
Bambus enables home-owners to act like professional investors. Real estate assets should give their owners financial freedom and flexibility, rather than limit their options. Our approach to asset-backed lending will fundamentally change the way home-owners manage their property.
We’re funded, growing and look forward to receiving your application.