Senior Python Developer
We are looking to recruit lead developers to help build a brand new education technology web app.
Join a very small and agile product team to help build a completely new product. As one of the app’s first developers, you will be responsible for building the web application, making full stack decisions and preparing for the application’s first live customers. Expect to wear many hats and have lots of control.
Candidates for this role should be fully proficient in Python and Django, with strong full stack skills.
Chalk & Wire and its leaders have been serving education tech since the ‘90s and we have some interesting new ideas on where we want to go next. We operate as a distributed company, working remotely from home (mostly in Ontario). Ideally candidates would operate out of Ottawa or the GTA, and face to face meeting time would be arranged as needed.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits.
If you’re interested in joining a personally satisfying industry, please send a CV to the address above. Questions always welcome.
- Build a highly scalable web application in Python/Django
- Participate in infrastructure and architectural design and implementation
- Work remotely from home
- Collaborate with team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development
- Learning industry-specific APIs and interoperability standards
- PostgreSQL or similar experience
- 4+ years of experience building dynamic/scalable Web apps
- Ability to work from home
- Git or SVN experience
- Semantic HTML5 and CSS3
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS and Configuration Management tools
- Sass CSS