Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Consultant
ECS Digital is looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to join our fast growing team.
As we look to continually expand, we are looking for additional senior members that have the capability to be strong business leads and take on the responsibility of handling client engagements from a technical and business perspective, with a consistent record of leading (Digital) Transformational programmes.
Whilst the nature of our work is consulting, we will look to have you based from London. There will be an element of travel involved, so you may enjoy time spent in Europe or the Americas.
How to apply
Please email your CV to Gemma Simmons. You do not need to provide a covering letter.
Candidates should have the legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
We are an equal opportunities employer. It is our policy to promote an environment free from discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
About the role
- You will be responsible for leading client engagements and building out the practice to enable the organisation to scale. This role will be a mixture of client facing and internal growth.
- You will be hands on in projects to provide technical guidance and validation to the team.
- You will be responsible for stakeholder management, building client relationships and identifying new opportunities.
- You will need to have a thirst to grow and mentor the team, people come first and it’s important to foster the growth of the team.
- Part of your responsibilities will be to support and engage in presales activities, this will include understanding requirements from customers, building out proposals and SOWs.
- You will be involved as part of the hiring process to ensure the team scales to match business growth and demand.
- Provide recommendations and thought into existing business processes to ensure optimum efficiency
What we look for:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of DevOps practices such as CI, CD, Infra as Code,Cloud, Monitoring
- A passion for open-source programming or commercial tooling
- A strong background in leadership of multiple engineering teams
- Experience in building up and mentoring teams
- Being part of implementing end to end delivery lifecycles
- Hungry to learn, out of the box thinkers
- A client focused ‘can-do’ attitude
- High attention to detail
- Continuously challenging the status quo
- Feeling comfortable to work with new clients
- Ideally passionate for speaking at conference and meetups
Tehnologies we use
These are some of the technologies we use, experience in any of these is desirable:
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS, Travis CI etc..
- Continuous Deployment/Delivery – Automic, Octopus Deploy, UrbanCode etc…
- Containers – Docker, Kubernetes, Mesosphere etc…
- Configuration Management – Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc…
- Cloud – AWS, Azure, GCP etc…
- Infrastructure as Code – HashiStack (Terraform, Vault, Consul ..), CloudFormation etc…
- Monitoring – ELK, Prometheus, Splunk etc…
- Experience in one of the following scripting language: Java, Bash, Python, Powershell, Golang, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and/or Windows systems
About ECS Digital
ECS Digital are one of the fastest growing DevOps consultancies in the UK. We support clients with their digital transformation journeys including among others Automation, Continuous Integration, Deployment and Testing. We focus on focusing on people, process and tools.
Established over 10 years ago, we are one of the oldest DevOps consultancies which means we know a thing or two about how Digital Transformations should be done. Our DevOps services are highly sought after by established companies in a variety of fields e.g. media, oil & gas and finance.
Our values define who we are and the way we do business. By being leaders in DevOps we’re adaptable and quick to embrace change and new technologies. We believe in hiring people who are passionate about pushing boundaries to make the impossible possible. Our biggest asset is our people. People who don’t settle for second best and people who work and win in teams to deliver the best solutions for our clients. Everyone at ECS Digital is encouraged to do things differently, to believe in themselves and each other, and to make daring decisions – even if it means making the occasional mistake. We’re a close-knit family of friendly professionals who enjoy what we do every day.