Senior Python & Go Developer
MachineMax - Senior Python & Go Developer
Are you an experienced engineer, fluent in Python with an interest in learning Go. Are you looking for the opportunity to work in a small and growing start-up?
MachineMax is hiring a Senior Developer to join their team of 20 people. As a Developer you’ll be joining a collaborative team in a role that is a mixture of software development and design. If you join us as a senior developer, we will also expect you to make a broader cultural change by mentoring our junior developers.
MachineMax are creating a machine analytics service that will deliver, analyse and visualise data to improve the efficiency of the construction industry. We use IoT technologies and Machine Learning methods.
MachineMax has been incubated with BCG Digital Ventures, a fortune 50 corporate partner, and a venture capital firm managed by a Facebook founder.
What will the role involve?
- Develop APIs to serve multiple internal consumers, from customer facing apps to machine learning pipelines
- Designing and delivering well-tested code in Go and Python
- Communication with other teams and individuals
- Pitching in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas
- Championing testability, security, and scalability
What are we looking for?
- Excellent development experience building scalable backend services in either Python or Go
- Excellent design and architecture skills
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Analytical skills, with a love for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Confidence deploying applications using AWS, Azure or GCP
- Enthusiasm for CI/CD
- A strong understanding of databases and when best to use relational vs non-relational
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals - OO design, data structures, algorithms
- Someone happy to communicate and collaborate as part of a team
This is a rare opportunity to build a global product at scale from the ground up, with a great team eager to create something amazing This is an opportunity to get in early and make your mark - build the culture you want and an IoT product that’s truly cutting-edge.
We have secured funding for the next two years ands are confident of our future.
We are offering an excellent base, bonus, shares, pension and other perks (free corporate gym access, and an amazing team to work with!).
If you want to apply
Please send a CV or LinkedIn profile link to Lauren Simpson at the email address above.