Caperna, a Moderna Therapeutics Venture Company, is seeking a Software Engineer for a position based at their Cambridge, MA site.
The individual in this role will develop robust software, algorithms, and databases for the automated design of mRNA vaccines tailored to a patient’s individual cancer genome.
He/she will also perform thorough testing and validation to verify the accuracy of the data pipelines.
The individual will work with bioinformatics scientists and software engineers within Caperna and Moderna.
The successful candidate must be proficient in Python, SQL, and Linux systems, and should have extensive experience building automated analysis pipelines for large and complex datasets.
- Develop data pipelines and metadata stores for internal and public genomics data sources
- Design, analyze and document complex data flows and models
- Automate cleaning, parsing, and integration of data from specialized bioinformatics file formats
- Perform thorough testing and validation to verify the accuracy of data transformations
- Ensure data quality and governance through automated integrity checks
- Lead innovation by exploring and implementing new technologies for the platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years experience designing software in an industry setting
- Proficiency in programming in Python and SQL
- Strong experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and relational databases
- Prior success in the design and development of complex data systems and analysis pipelines
- Proven ability to create and maintain tests, data integrity controls, and extensive documentation
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related discipline
- Advanced programming expertise in Python, proficiency in R
- Experience with Docker, Luigi, pandas, Amazon Web Services, and Spark
- Knowledge of molecular biology, immunology, oncology
- Familiarity with bioinformatics concepts and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Creative Problem Solving
- Learning Agility
- Desire for Impact
How to Apply
Follow the URL provided to apply to the job posting on Modernatx.com.