Senior Software Engineer, Back-End (Remote)
Oomnitza offers enterprise IT a unique solution to manage the entirety of the digital estate. Unlike our competitors, who deliver siloed solutions, Oomnitza offers granular control and orchestration across the lifecycle of all digital assets, including hardware, software, IoT, networks, cloud, as well as the people and workflows who rely on them. We enable some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world to address critical enterprise requirements for security, auditability, employee experience, and financial efficiency, accelerating time to value. Oomnitza is headquartered in San Francisco.
About the Role:
Team Oomnitza is looking for an experienced and driven Senior Python Engineer to work on the next generation of SaaS enterprise software. You have a passion for simple, elegant design and shipping quality product. As a member of our ambitious team, you should be a self-motivated individual with a strong sense of accountability and thrive in a dynamic team environment. We’re looking for people that are excited to help build an infrastructure that translates into a positive experience for customers of any size.
What You’ll Do:
As a senior contributor to the Oomnitza SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) you will; - Write reusable, testable, and efficient code. - Understand requirements and stakeholder expectations - Create design docs and technical specifications - Plan and estimate level of effort (creating sub-tasks) - Perform peer code reviews and team mentorship - Work with the Customer Success team to identify bugs and implement fixes - Daily ticket participation (close issues, status updates, add new bugs and ideas) - Help improve existing technology and processes by; - Working with Engineering & Product in an open and collaborative environment - Identifying deficiencies in existing components - Developing efficient, reliable, and scalable microservices
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Data Science or related disciplines.
- 5+ years industry experience with Full Stack Technologies
- Good understanding of data structures.
- Knowledge of functional & object-oriented programming (Inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation).
- Experience developing REST API back-end services.
- Coding ability with backend languages, particularly Python.
- Expertise programming in front end web framework, in particular React, Angular or Vue JS.
- Expertise with relational databases and query tuning/optimization.
- Experience in Unit & integration testing.
- Understanding of Agile software development processes
- Expert Linux user with a strong understanding of command line tools and basic shell scripting
Extra Kudos for:
- Experience with Pyramid web frameworks.
- Proven experience designing and building cloud native products. ORMs (e.g. SQLAlchemy)
Our Benefits Package:
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Introducing employee equity plan
- Health Insurance for your spouse and dependents
- Pension, Life insurance and Income protection
- Remote working & flexible work schedules. Working from home equipment allowance
- Choice of preferred equipment, Mac or PC.
- Regular, fun social events and workshops.
What we offer:
- Market Competitive Salary
- A progressive, healthy work culture with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development.
- Top performers will have an opportunity to help shape the team. Working directly with the founders to drive initiatives and create a structure that scales.
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to get onboard a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by C5 Capital, Shasta Ventures, Riverside Acceleration Capital, and Hummer Winblad
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can sometimes get in the way of meeting exceptional candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Oomnitza recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.