Lead Python Engineer
Lead Python Engineer
We’re looking for an accomplished Python Engineer, who is willing to take calculated risks in order to deliver and make impact with their work. This role calls for an engineer who is not afraid of complex and challenging technical problems, such as those we’re solving every day at Skyscanner – an engineer who will make a difference through testing new ideas and by being brave enough to challenge those around you as you collaborate to develop our products and constantly work to improve what’s under the bonnet. If you’re someone who can make difficult decisions and take ownership of a problem from end to end, we’d love to hear from you.
Skyscanner is a fast paced internet economy company in the travel business and over 30 million people a month trust us to turn their travel nightmares into sweet dreams. We don’t take that trust lightly, and if you are who we think you are, you won’t either. With your great technical depth of understanding and hands on approach to problem solving, you will be the natural lead for a team of highly motivated engineers, promoting engineering best practice at all times. Although first and foremost a core Python stack services guru, to be really useful to us you will have across the board experience, bringing your database expertise, back end development techniques with continuous integration and deployment experience into the bargain – after all, if you don’t know what can go wrong, you won’t know how to fix it.
The key to the success of this position is having strong and innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication skills, flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail. Oh, and ‘impossible’ is not in your vocabulary.
You can offer us:
- A commitment to applying engineering best practice to produce top quality solutions
- Squad lead/technical lead experience
- A desire to meet challenges and a great team player motivation
We can offer you:
- A chance to learn and master a variety of the latest web technologies and frameworks
- An excellent career move - the chance to work with great developers in an Agile environment (in fact, great people across our business) – a Silicon Valley culture, but still one small enough for you to be influential - the space to be trusted to do what you do best and the room to make decisions that matter
What do you need to apply?
- A Computer Science degree or similar; experience working in an internet economy or other tech environment
- Working experience of SQL
- Asynchronous communications and Restful APIs
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality