We’re looking for a well-rounded, experienced Python developer to join our engineering team that is responsible for building and connecting CG production subsystems.
Your responsibilities include planning, engineering and deploying applications to support the studio production pipeline that is crucial for the timely delivery of top quality movies.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Python
- Experience with SQL Databases
- Experience with version control systems, preferably Git.
- Excellent problem investigation and resolution abilities.
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision making.
- Maya, Nuke or Houdini programming experience.
- Experience in building front-end applications using PyQt/PySide.
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have.
About Tau Films
Tau Films was formed by John Hughes, the founder of Academy Award winning Rhythm & Hues Studios. Tau Films is focused on developing features for Asian and world markets.
Tau Films has an engineering team spread across Asia(Hyderabad and Kuala Lumpur) and North America with its hub in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Our main focus is to build a strong production pipeline for visual effects, animation and special venue work.
These are (some of) the tools/frameworks/services that we work with, every day:
- Flask + Postgres
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA/Trello/Confluence/Service Desk)