At Unmortgage we enable everyone to live in the home they want. We are opening up home ownership by co-investing with people who haven’t been able to buy yet.
Over the next 18 months we will help 2,000 customers find their dream home. This isn’t going to be a boring job. Buying a home is one of the most life-changing things people ever do. At Unmortgage, we walk this journey with our customers, guiding them through every step. Reporting to Johnny Morris, you’ll help design, build and maintain our data platform to help facilitate the entire home buying experience.
Fairness is our core value and drives everything we do. It allows us to balance the home owning aspirations of our customers with our investors’ needs for financial security. It also governs how we treat each other.
Come build the future of home ownership with us
Who you are
- You’re an accomplished data engineer with a keen eye for the details.
- You love data. It’s a passion.
- You have a focus on the customer. You like to deliver impact.
- You’re on the search for answers. You back these up with evidence.
The skills you’ll have
- Python, SQL. You’ve perfected them.
- Data modelling. A favoured past time.
- Designing & building data pipelines. It’s what you do.
It would be great if you have, but by no means essential
- Google Cloud Platform knowledge.
- Java. An old favourite.
- Spatial analytics. PostGIS to be precise.
- Machine learning. Algorithms, we say no more.
What you’ll do
- You’ll design and build the biggest and best property data platform in the UK. You’ll both be valuable assets for Unmortgage.
- You’ll drive single customer view and data integration across all customer and marketing systems. You’ll work with the wider team to do so.
- You’ll deliver the foundations for us to create automated property valuations, location risk analytics, property recommendation, market forecasting, customer behaviour forecasting and all the metrics we need to run the business.
- You’ll be the go to person for all things data. You’ll empower colleagues to answer their own questions.
- You’ll discover new opportunities to create, find or acquire new data. It will enable us to better understand our customers, markets and business.
- You’ll improve data quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance.
- You’ll keep our data safe. Fairness and ethics frames how you do this.
How we work
- You’ll work alongside our Chief Data Officer and our Lead Data Scientist. A small team of data experts, which will grow.
- You’ll use Google Cloud Platform – BigQuery/Dataflow/PubSub. Other than these, you have the freedom to suggest other tools as needed.
What we offer you
- Salary of £80 - £100k
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London
- Your choice of hardware
- Standing desks and wellness rooms
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also Free.
- Training budget to help you grow
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Unlimited holidays. Within reason of course.
Our interview process is designed to be quick and respectful. We’re looking for people who are good at what they do and would fit us culturally. So we:
- Have a quick call
- Ask you to complete a short technical test
- Invite you in to meet the people you’ll be working with and go through the technical test
- Spend some time with the wider team, after which we’ll make you an offer
End-to-end the process takes 2-7 working days, depending on your availability.