Senior Software Developer
Student Affairs Information Technology is seeking an experienced Software Developer (Senior Computer Programmer/Analyst, UCP 9). This is an opportunity to build new business software products for UConn students, staff and faculty. You will work with a small, dedicated team of software developers to deliver quality code early and often. Agile and DevOps are at the heart of what we do.
The University of Connecticut is the state’s flagship institution of higher learning. Founded in 1881, the University spans 4,109 acres at its main campus and four regional campuses, and an additional 209 acres at UConn Health in Farmington. The main campus, located in Storrs, Connecticut, enrolls over 19,000 undergraduate and approximately 7,000 graduate students. The University of Connecticut is a school of choice for academically talented students. UConn is ranked in the top 25 of the nation’s best public universities by U.S. News & World Report.
What we are looking for in a candidate
- Minimum of five years’ experience writing software, and a bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to provide technical leadership and lead others
- Proficient in Python and front-end web libraries like Bootstrap, jQuery, Knockout.js
- Comfortable with OO design, MVC web framework, template-based layouts, relational databases and using RESTful or SOAP
- Comfortable using Linux, GIT / BitBucket and writing automated tests
- Comfortable working in a CI/CD environment with Jenkins and Docker
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
What we can offer
- A competitive salary which is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Work on the Storrs campus and be at the heart of UCONN.
- Work/Life Balance: http://worklife.uconn.edu/
- A comprehensive benefits package: http://hr.uconn.edu/benefits-summaries
- Dependent child tuition waivers; employee tuition waivers/reimbursements: http://hr.uconn.edu/dependent-child-tuition-waivers/
- Go to http://hr.uconn.edu/jobs/
- Click “Staff Positions” and search for position #2019190
- For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three references in Word or PDF format. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
The University of Connecticut is an EEO/AA employer.