Senior Python Engineer
viasto is a Software-as-a-Service company, based in the center of Berlin. Our product, the interview suite, allows companies to get to know their job applicants via video in order to avoid wrong selection decisions, mainly in high-volume recruitment processes. Our service is used by large corporations, such as Beiersdorf, Microsoft and Telekom, as well as successful startups like Goodgame Studios, Lovoo and Trivago. We are growing at a sustainable rate and our customers rarely ever cancel. Many are increasingly rolling out our software into other countries and regions.
Our development team currently consists of 7 developers, and we are looking for new team members with strong experience and a passion for best development practices. Your main task will be to develop new features for existing products, maintain and expand our API(s), optimise (the performance of) our backend, including re-writing parts of it.
What we expect
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Python in production settings
- Minimum 2 years of strong experience with Django, including Django REST-framework
- Strong experience with relational databases / SQL
- Strong experience with automated testing, TDD, BDD
- Strong experience with consuming, designing and implementing REST/JSON APIs
- Experience with Git
- Ideally, knowledge and experience with vagrant, OAuth2, SAML2.0, WebRTC, and microservice architectures
- Good knowledge of agile processes (Scrum, XP, Kanban)
- Very good communication skills and business fluent English (German is not required, but would be an advantage)
- Finally, we appreciate great team spirit, a sound business understanding and the motivation to build fantastic products.
What we offer
- Interesting and challenging work on market-proven products that already positively affect the future career decisions of tens of thousands of professionals in various countries
- Nice, down-to-earth and experienced colleagues (including an experienced CTO) who have large ambitions to make a dent in the recruiting universe
- You’d take a lead developer role for at least one of our products
- A nice and bright office in the middle of Berlin-Kreuzberg
- Participation in our stock option programme, if desired
- A salary of around 50-60k, depending on experience
- Other meaningful benefits and perks
If this sounds interesting and you’d like to learn more about us or the position, just send us an email to Evelyne.Quansah@viasto.com, and she’ll coordinate a quick coffee or Skype call with one of our developers. If you would like to apply right away, please include your CV and GitHub / Bitbucket profiles. We are excited to hear from you!